Hayden-Smith has broad-ranging expertise and provides consulting for individuals; community-based and non-profit organizations; public-sector agencies; businesses, and others in the food and agricultural and non-profit sectors. She has particular specialties in community-based food and gardening projects; sustainable food systems; local and regional food systems; urban agriculture; higher education; and U.S. history/public history.
Areas of consulting include:
- Career, educational and life coaching for individuals (teens and adults);
- Strategic planning;
- Campaign-specific planning for non-profits and public sector organizations;
- Program development (including content planning for events, conferences and symposia);
- Volunteer development and management;
- Education and community outreach;
- Writing (marketing and research);
- Marketing and publicity; and
- The effective use of social technologies (strategy, training and implementation).
Hayden-Smith has significant skills in facilitation, and provides services in this area. She has facilitated events and dialog for large-scale national efforts, and also smaller group retreats for boards, key stakeholders, and community groups. Her facilitation style, valued by clients for its high-energy and engaged listening approach, has helped all scale of organizations conduct meaningful and open discussion, set goals, and chart work that moves them forward. References are available upon request.